Let's talk facials shall we?
Now some people would be surprised to know that although I spend a considerable amount of time researching, buying and trying new skincare products, when it comes to facials I'm actually a bit of a novice! Having had only a handful in the skincare-obsessed part of my life! I'm not sure why this is actually? I guess I've always thought I could get the same sort of results at home. How wrong could I be?!
Sam has an extensive background in the beauty and skincare industry and is an Elemis specialist. In addition to this Sam also has a degree in her chosen profession and lectures when she's not running her own business, so let's just say she knows her shiz!
Pro-Collagen Age Defy Facial
Anything that is age-defying is my thang! If you have other specific needs though for your skin Sam also provides a range of Elemis facials to target different problems. If you're unsure, I'm sure she'd be happy to advise!
This particular facial is designed to
- Target fine lines, wrinkle depth and dull skin tone
- Improve appearance and firmness of the skin
- Increase skin hydration
- Promote healthy cell renewal
- Protect against everyday skin damage and prevent anti-ageing
So What Does It Entail?
I was surprised (and pleased!) that this facial includes lots of different stages and treatments and it was a truly relaxing experience from start to finish so much so, I didn't want it to end!
This is what was included - for those who are curious! (also, stages were removed using heated mitts infused with the Elemis Lime Essential Oil - dreamy!)
1. Cleansed with Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm (which incidentally smells amazing and I will be purchasing!)
2. Tone with Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner
3. Exfoliate with Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator
4. Facial massage with Elemis Skin Bliss Recovery Capsules and neck / décolletage massage with Elemis Frangipani body oil (coconut base with frangipani flowers - smells ah-mazing!)
5. Hydragel eye masks were placed on my eyes while the Elemis Pro Collagen Quartz Lift Mask was added whilst having a scalp massage with the nourishing milk bath (now you understand why I didn't want this to ever end!)
6. Whilst the mask was setting, my hands and arms with massaged with Japanese Camelia Oil and then a moisture mask added to my arms and Elemis Pro Radiance hand cream massaged into my hands.
7. Another phase of toning to the face with the Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner
8. Next phase - Elemis Pro Collagen Neck and Bust Lift, Pro Radiance Eye and Lip Contour, then the Elemis Super Serum Elixir applied before the Pro Collagen Marine Cream (this stuff is a pretty big deal, has won numerous awards and is definitely, without a shadow of a doubt worth the money - read more about it HERE)
Firstly, I have to mention that this facial left me feel so relaxed, I can barely remember saying goodbye to Sam on the way out! I felt like I was floating on air!
It's highly recommended that you don't put on any makeup after having the treatment and not wanting to spoil the results, I did as I was told! My skin looked refreshed, glowy and plump and I woke up the following day with what felt like 'new skin'!
I was really impressed with the results and would recommend the Elemis Pro-Collagen Age-Defy if you're looking for an effective facial with noticeable results.
If you live in South Wales go and check out LUXE Beaute on the links below for the different types of treatments and prices.
Or if you live further afield but interested in having an Elemis Facial experience, check out where your local salon is HERE
Thanks for reading and let me know if you have one of these fab facials! x