I had been meaning to do a blogpost about this lipstick since I bought it a couple of months ago and then, typically, life took over and I forgot. So here I am 4 months behind everyone else with my Nars Audacious Lipstick post. (insert laughing emoji!)
Today seemed like a great day to crack out something a little bit bright and bold to combat the dreary, cold, miserable weather in the UK (blah blah blah, yes I know it's so unbelievably British to talk about the weather but today it has been beyond awful and I am going to have a little moan about it!)
It's not very often that I do my makeup and I'm 100% pleased with the results (and these days are few and far between now at age 35!!) but today happened to be one of those 'good' days. Yay!
Of course, as per usual, the make up was troweled on!
- BASE - Maybelline Dream Bronze BB Cream (I love this stuff in place of moisturiser at the moment, creates a lovely glow and has an SPF in it too) followed by Estee Lauder Double Wear (also amazing!) Set with a bit of Laura Mercier Loose Powder (not photographed - oops!)
- CONCEALER - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- BRONZER - Tom Ford 'Gold Dust'
- BLUSH - Nars 'Deep Throat'
- HIGHLIGHT - MAC 'Soft and Gentle'
- EYEBROWS - Revlon Brow Fantasy in 'Dark Blonde'
- EYESHADOW - Bobbi Brown Nude and Nectar Palette
- EYELINER - In the lower water line to open up the eyes Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner in 'Nude'
- EYELASHES - Givenchy Noir Couture on top lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on the bottom (obvs!)
- LIPSTICK - Nars Audacious Lipstick in 'Fanny' (stop laughing!!)
The formulation of this lipstick is great and I'd definitely consider buying another one (what are your faves?- I need suggestions!) It easy to apply and doesn't smudge too much so no need for a liner.
Lasting power is good but not totally amazing (after a Birthday lunch at my parents today and a cup of coffee it had worn off but not in a bad way leaving quite a nice stain)
Anyways, I'm off to enjoy what is left of my Sunday evening and to look for a nice serum for my face online - again, suggestions would be appreciated for those of you bored with nothing to do! haha! :)
Have a great week!