Well, it's been a while hasn't it?! I've genuinely been very busy though (ok, watching Gossip Girl doesn't really count as busy - I know... I know but every girl needs a few guilty vices and Chuck Bass is one of mine! I have actually been busy!)
So this is just a little snippet of what's been going on lately, I have lots of ideas for posts coming up though and a pending trip to Dubai next month that I'm really looking forward to! So there's going to be a bit more keyboard action moving forward!
1. Dior 5 Couleurs in 'Cuir Cannage' - my sister bought me this for Christmas and I've pretty much worn it everyday since. The shades are gorgeous and I love the fact that the inner (matte) colour works really well in the crease. You can create quite a dramatic look using the darkest shadow or get something more wearable for daytime using the more golden shades. Ok, so the blendability isn't the best (MAC / Nars / Urban Decay shadows perform far better) however I can live with that for such pretty shades! It's my current go-to palette.
2. Blondes have more fun - so folks, I've decided to go back to my former self - I tried something a little darker over Winter and yes, I enjoyed it and it was a helluva lot easier to maintain, however I'm feeling a little drab at the moment and so a trip to the hairdressers last week involved a little more blonde action than usual and now I've got the bug again...be prepared for my hair to get a lot lighter!
3. Stars Obsession - Whilst I write this, I'm drinking a cup of tea out of yet another starry mug (and not the one in the photograph!) and I've begun to realise that I just can't get enough of anything with a star print! I'm not sure what it is about stars that I like or what draws me to them but it's now spreading to crockery! (and also includes blankets, pyjamas, tracksuit bottoms...) I wonder where else I can take this obsession?! Recommendations welcome!
4. Dressing Room - ok, so this is the reason that I've been quiet around these parts for a while. For 2 years I've had my clothes on 4 Argos Rails, my shoes piled on the floor and my bags in boxes. I've also been doing my hair and make up sat on the floor. This just couldn't go on...finally, it was time to start work on our upstairs bedrooms in the house and I've been painting and spending countless hours on Pinterest and trawling furniture shops looking for ideas. This is just a sneak peak, I'm planning on doing a full post on the room when I've completely finished it!
5. More Nike Air Max 90's - I like these trainers for two reasons. First, I remember having a blue pair of these trainers in 1990 and I loved them to bits. I really thought I was something else strutting around in them for PE at school! They will always have a special place in my heart (wardrobe!) because of this. Secondly, since they've made a big come back I bought the black pair and fell in love with how comfortable they are, especially when I wear heels all week to work. These white ones look great teamed with blue skinny jeans. I got mine on ASOS here (also had a 20% off code - winner!)
6. Ray-Ban Matte Black Bargain - I got these on eBay a couple of weeks ago for such a snip! (they're authentic - I'm very wise to fakes on eBay!) they're my sunglasses of choice at the moment. Lightweight and polarised. Highly recommend them to those of you looking for a decent pair of Ray-Ban's for the Summer. Get them here
7. Gossip Girl - I have my work colleague Lowri to thank for this new addiction in my life! I honestly do not know how I haven't got into this show sooner. It ticks all the boxes for me... set in New York, hot cast (Chuck Bass - wow), ridiculously trashy storyline that makes it so easy to watch. It's the equivalent of picking up an easy-read novel! I love it and I'm not ashamed to say it! :) I'm also slightly obsessed with Blake Lively now too.
8. Space NK - I went to Clifton in Bristol a couple of weeks ago (note to self - must go back, forgot how much I love this place!) and of course, although I went furniture shopping there's always time to sneak in a little trip to the Mecca of Beauty and Skincare! I resisted the urge to buy a Nars mini palette with the blushes, bronzer, highlighter and lipgloss (just writing that is making me feel regretful, I will probably buy it next month!) and just opted for something that I actually needed - a new cleanser. I read over on Ruth from A Model Recommends that this cleanser is supposed to be pretty good and I'm quite into oil gel hybrid cleansers at the moment. I haven't tried it yet because I have a teeny tiny bit of the Boscia gel cleansing oil left to use up (it's taking all my will power not to crack open that Nude cleansing gel and use it NOW!!) I shall let you know how I get on and whether I think it's any good.